Traffic Tickets

I handle traffic infractions in Spokane and all of Eastern Washington. I generally charge a flat fee of $250.00 to handle traffic infractions in and around Spokane, and slightly higher for counties and cities that are farther away from my office location.

If you have a question as to whether or not I can take a ticket in your county, or what the cost would be, give me a call at (509) 241-0513 so that we can discuss it.

You have several options for how your ticket can be handled. Below are some of the various options available:

Contesting A Traffic Ticket

When you contest a traffic infraction you are arguing to the judge that you did not commit the infraction and asking that the judge enter a finding of “not committed”. This is an all-or-nothing approach. If you have a CDL, this is usually your only option, as most jurisdictions will not permit you to defer or amend an infraction if you have a CDL.

Mitigating A Traffic Ticket

When you mitigate an infraction, you are admitting that you committed the infraction, but you are asking the Judge to reduce the fine based on extenuating circumstances. Most people are able to do this without an attorney. However, the traffic infraction will go on your driving record.

Deferring A Traffic Ticket

A deferral is an agreement that requires you to go a period of time (usually 12 months) without any traffic infractions and pay an administrative fee (usually $50.00). If you fulfill those requirements the case is dismissed. You may only have one infraction deferred every 7 years. You are not eligible to have your ticket deferred if you have a CDL.

Amending A Traffic Ticket

It is often possible to amend a moving violation to a non-moving violation that does not get reported to your insurance company. For many people the biggest consequence of getting a ticket is the fact that their insurance rates will rise. Amending your ticket to a non-moving violation solves this problem, though you will usually still have to pay a fine.

You are not entitled to have your ticket amended – it is up to the discretion of the prosecutor.┬áSome prosecutors will not agree to amend your ticket if you have a bad driving record, if there was a collision involved or if it was a ticket for speeding in a school or playground zone. If you have a CDL you are also probably out of luck.

Visit my contact page to learn how to set up a free consultation.